How to check latest firmware

Discuss Firmware Updates
KRProton

How to check latest firmware

Post by KRProton » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:53 pm

I apologize for such a newbie question, but here it is;

I have an Xplorer V that I enjoy flying and it is working well. When I first got I, had a friend assist with downloading the latest firmware updates. But now, I would like to check if there are new updates, but first I need to know what updates I already have. So how do I find out what updates my Xiro has now to compare to the latest updates available?

I forget what are the updates? For the drone itself, for the camera and for the gimball, right? What about for the Android app?

Thanks.

Tim

vojimen

Re: How to check latest firmware

Post by vojimen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:07 am

There are 4 things to consider:

- Smartphone App
- Flight Control ( upgrade using XIRO Assistant )
- Gimball ( upgrade using XIRO Assistant )
- Camera ( upgrade by putting firmware on microSD card )

Using the Android version of the Xiro app ( V2.0.7 seems to be the latest ) you can find the version numbers this way:

- When you run the app, click on the icon right over "Discover Your Sky"
- Go to System Setup
- Go to About Xiro

I just upgraded my unit, and these seem to be the latest versions available:

Gimbal version: 50521
Flight control version: 50710
Camera version: UG3300_C_FW_4.9.1_150827_H

The numbers seem to match up with the support website. If you have these, you should be good. If you don't, then they may need to be upgraded.

zorbas2
Airborne

Post by zorbas2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:41 am

vojimen wrote: Gimbal version: 50521
Very comprehensive description!!
I just wanted to add that for the gimbal I installed the 50519 firmware as it said on website that movements would be a little slower. I hoped that during recordings that would produce smoother movements. I did not feel a huge difference though...
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

KRProton

Post by KRProton » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 pm

vojimen wrote:There are 4 things to consider:

- Smartphone App
- Flight Control ( upgrade using XIRO Assistant )
- Gimball ( upgrade using XIRO Assistant )
- Camera ( upgrade by putting firmware on microSD card )

Using the Android version of the Xiro app ( V2.0.7 seems to be the latest ) you can find the version numbers this way:

- When you run the app, click on the icon right over "Discover Your Sky"
- Go to System Setup
- Go to About Xiro

I just upgraded my unit, and these seem to be the latest versions available:

Gimbal version: 50521
Flight control version: 50710
Camera version: UG3300_C_FW_4.9.1_150827_H

The numbers seem to match up with the support website. If you have these, you should be good. If you don't, then they may need to be upgraded.
Hey, thanks vojimen!

Also, I see at the top of the "About Xiro" page in the Xiro app in my Android under the "X" Xiro logo it says "XIRO V2.0.6" which I assume is also the current app version. (Then below as you wrote is the current versions for the Gimbal, Flight control, and Camera.)

So, what you would to do check if you have the latest firmware would be to:

1. Open your Xiro app in your phone.
A. Touch the circular icon over the words "Discover Your Sky."
B. Touch "System Setup."
C. Touch "About Xiro" and view the current firmware versions for:
a. The Xiro app.
b. The Gimbal.
c. The Flight control
d. The Camera
D. Record the versions on a piece of paper to compare with the latest updates available on the official Xiro web site.
E. Visit the official Xiro web site below:

http://www.xirodrone.com/

F. Click "Support"
A. Click your version of Xiro Next to Model Number
B. Click on "Android" or "iOS" to view the latest app version under "Search Result" at the bottom.
C. Click on "Flight control firmware," "Gimbal firmware," "Camera firmware" and "Software driver" to view the latest firmware update versions available and compare to the updates you recorded for your systems.

Okay, now I have a question. The "Software driver" is a new one on me. What is that?

So now I know how to check to see if I have the latest firmware updates.

Next, I want to figure out how to download them into my flight control, gimbal and camera. And whatever "Software driver" is.

Thanks again!

Tim

KRProton

Post by KRProton » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Okay, I see…

The Software Driver I inquired about in my previous post is the program you download to your computer that you use to download the firmware updates for the drone and the gimbal; You download the Software Driver (program) to your PC, then open the Software Driver in your PC and follow the instructions for connecting the cables to your PC and your drone/gimbal to upgrade the firmware.
Xiro software driver.jpg
This is where the software driver is downloaded to your PC so you can update the firmware on your drone and gimbal.
Xiro software driver.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
Xiro firmware upgrade.jpg
Once the software driver is downloaded, this is the page with instructions where to connect the cables to your PC and drone and gimbal to perform the updates.
Xiro firmware upgrade.jpg (69.12 KiB) Viewed 3847 times
But upgrading the firmware for the camera is a different procedure; From the official Xiro web site, you save the camera firmware upgrade to your PC. From there, you copy that download directly onto the micro SD card from your camera, then insert the card into your camera to complete the upgrade (I think all that’s correct). :?

Tim

Hunter58

Post by Hunter58 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:10 am

KRProton wrote:Okay, I see…

But upgrading the firmware for the camera is a different procedure; From the official Xiro web site, you save the camera firmware upgrade to your PC. From there, you copy that download directly onto the micro SD card from your camera, then insert the card into your camera to complete the upgrade (I think all that’s correct). :?

Tim
That is correct. You forgot to mention that you have to unpack the camera firmware first. It is a compressed RAR file that contains the xxx.bin file that is the firmware.
You should copy the bin file to the root of the SD card.

Aidenc14

Post by Aidenc14 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:54 pm

The app on my phone is telling me to update the camera to version: UG3300_C_FW_4.9.1_150827_H and the gimbal to version: 50521 which matches what other people say are the latest update, but when i go onto the xiro download center, the latest update is UG3300EN_FW_4.9.1_150827.rar for the camera, and UG3300 V_PTZ_FW_1.0.0_20150521.bin for the gimbal. so my question is where and how would i be able to update my drone?