Can't Connect w Camera

Discuss Firmware Updates
TomKnAL
Airborne

Can't Connect w Camera

Post by TomKnAL » 20 Jan 2016, 02:57

I received a replacement gimbal/camera but can't connect.

Once before I had to reset the range extender and reconnect the camera (I forgot the password), but that was with an earlier version of the Xiro app, using the Settings:Connect Camera. I can't find anything similar in V 2.0.7.

I am able to connect with the camera directly.

ChillyCat
Airborne

Re: Can't Connect w Camera

Post by ChillyCat » 20 Jan 2016, 03:18

Powering up while holding down both the Xiro power button -AND- the cameras button.

Thats the only thing i've ever read about [no clue if it would/could be helpful

graemepnz
Airborne

Post by graemepnz » 21 Jan 2016, 04:50

Tom, if you msg me your e mail address I'll send you an e mail I got from xiro which details resetting range extender etc

zorbas2
Airborne

Post by zorbas2 » 21 Jan 2016, 06:58

graemepnz wrote:Tom, if you msg me your e mail address I'll send you an e mail I got from xiro which details resetting range extender etc

You don't want to share this with us also?
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

TomKnAL
Airborne

Post by TomKnAL » 24 Jan 2016, 05:06

I received an email from Xiro USA that included instructions on how to update the flight control, gimbal and camera SW. I had already updated the gimbal and camera, and my vehicle was already up to date so this did not help. Eventually I removed V2.07 of the Xiro app, reinstalled V.1.1.1 and was able to get the camera connected by following, more or less, the steps listed here.

I don't know if it is possible to reconnect using the latest Xiro app. I reported this to Xiro USA and mentioned that theXiro app needed something similar to the old 'Settings" menu.

graemepnz
Airborne

Post by graemepnz » 24 Jan 2016, 05:53

zorbas2 wrote:
graemepnz wrote:Tom, if you msg me your e mail address I'll send you an e mail I got from xiro which details resetting range extender etc

You don't want to share this with us also?

Yep happy to share with everyone :)

Here's the e mail I got:
I have received your message.

Please first upgrade the firmwares following the attached documents.

Upgrade the flight control, gimbal and the camera firmware in sequence. Do do mix them upm, and put the corresponding firmware to the correct location.

You can get the firmwares from our website.

Then please follow the steps:

Step 1 Turn off the drone and the Remote Control
Step 2 Uninstall the Gimbal from the drone and the Range Extender from the Remote Control.
Step 3 Erase the App and the Range Extender’s wifi hotpot from your mobile phone (do not save any data related to the drone or App).
Step 4 Download the latest App to your mobile phone.
Step 5 Install the Gimbal to the drone and the Range Extender to the Remote Control.
Step 6 Turn on the drone and the Remote Control. (Please pay attention to the first indicator of the Remote Control.)
Step 7 Connect your mobile phone to the Range Extender’s wifi hotspot. (This wifi hotspot can be found in your mobile phone’s wifi list; its name starts with "XPLORER_".)
Step 8 Connect the App with the Camera.
8-1. Enter the "system settings" of the App.
8-2. Choose "connect to camera".
8-3. Connect the App to UG3300_XXXXXX, password: 400807388 8
8-4. If the APP signals to reboot your Range Extender, please agree.

After the above steps are done, the most left indicator of the Remote Control will turn from yellow to red, and finally to green, which means the connection of mobile phone and the Range Extender, and the connection of the App and the Gimbal camera succeeds.
If failed, please repeat the above steps.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
l If you cannot find the Range Extender’s wifi hotspot (the Range Extender’s wifi name starts with "XPLORER_") in your mobile phone’s wifi list, please reset the Range Extender:
1. Switch on the Remote Control. Meanwhile, keep the joysticks like this: upper right corner (left joystick) + upper left corner (right joystick).
2. Press down the "H" button of the Remote Control to reset the Extender. (The wifi indicator signals Red-Yellow-Red)
3. After the wifi indicator signals Red-Yellow-Red, press up "H" button, and re-switch on the Remote Control.
4. Connect your mobile phone to the Range Extender’s wifi hotspot. (This wifi hotspot can be found in your mobile phone’s wifi list; its name starts with "XPLORER_".)
5. Connect the App with the Camera.
5-1. Enter the "system settings" of the App.
5-2. Choose "connect to camera".
5-3. Connect the App to UG3300_XXXXXX, password: 4008073888
5-4. If the APP signals to reboot your Range Extender, please agree.

l If you cannot find the UG3300_XXXXXX in the "system settings" of the App, please reset the camera:
1. Turn off the drone and the Remote Control.
2. Uninstall the gimbal from the drone and the Range Extender from the Remote Control.
3. Turn on the drone and the Remote Control.
4. Install the gimbal to the drone and the Range Extender to the Remote Control.
5. Keep pressing the Camera Button of the gimbal. Meanwhile keep pressing the Power Button of the drone.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\3.jpg说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\6.jpg

6. After hearing the sound from the drone, stop pressing the camera button and power button.
7. One minute later connect the App with the Camera.
7-1. Enter the "system settings" of the App.
7-2. Choose "connect to camera".
7-3. Connect the App to UG3300_XXXXXX, password: 4008073888
7-4. If the APP signals to reboot your Range Extender, please agree.

After above steps, please do Gimbal Calibration:

Step1 Place the drone in the horizontal position; uninstall the Gimbal; turn on the drone and the Remote Control.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\1.png

Step 2 Press down the three buttons of the Remote Control in turn.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\1.jpg

Step 3 Roll down the two Scroll Wheels of the Remote Control to the end; keep this action for 2 seconds and then release the Scroll Wheels.
Then the gimbal powers off. (When touched, the camera does not make any adjustment)

说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\222.png

Step 4 Clamp the camera to the Gimbal; make sure the drone is in the horizontal position; do not move the drone
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\333.png

Step 5 Press down the three buttons of the Remote Control.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\123.png
Then the gimbal should enter into a state of power-on.
Step 6 Turn off the drone and the Remote Control; uninstall the Gimbal Clamp.
Step 7 Turn on the drone and the Remote Control; install the Gimbal Clamp; check whether the Gimbal can do self-check and check whether the camera can make adjustment by itself.

zorbas2
Airborne

Post by zorbas2 » 24 Jan 2016, 06:38

graemepnz wrote: After above steps, please do Gimbal Calibration:

Step1 Place the drone in the horizontal position; uninstall the Gimbal; turn on the drone and the Remote Control.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\1.png

Step 2 Press down the three buttons of the Remote Control in turn.
说明: C:\Users\fengtaiyang\Desktop\1.jpg

Step 3 Roll down the two Scroll Wheels of the Remote Control to the end; keep this action for 2 seconds and then release the Scroll Wheels.
Then the gimbal powers off. (When touched, the camera does not make any adjustment)

Thanks!

But the above steps are strange:
In step1 one should uninstall the gimbal and in step3 it powers off? Mine would have no power as soon as uninstalled... Or did I miss something here???
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

graemepnz
Airborne

Post by graemepnz » 26 Jan 2016, 06:22

Fortunately I didn't have to go through with all of these steps as I sorted by re doing all the updates. Glad though as this seemed like a very complicated process!!

ChillyCat
Airborne

Post by ChillyCat » 31 Jan 2016, 23:46

graemepnz wrote:Fortunately I didn't have to go through with all of these steps as I sorted by re doing all the updates. Glad though as this seemed like a very complicated process!!

I'm thinking the same as you. [sounds like a headache]
I haven't even needed to ever mess with calibration. And that's even after re-locating down
to Florida for the winter months. Went from 1,291ft to 28ft -1,221 miles south of it's original "maiden" flight.

Jordi R

Post by Jordi R » 04 Apr 2016, 13:38

Yesterday, I win the solution. My problem was that I could not to switch the remote control to the ‘test mode’ because the remote control didn’t recognized the stickers in the upper right/left position. I reach this conclusion after calibrating the remote control with the ‘attac-XIROAssistant_v1.0’ software (http://www.xirodrone.com/support), and following again the procedure for reset the Range Extender.

I've received this email from Xiro, where you can see the complete procedure, of course with the remote controlo already calibrated):

Hope this will help you.

KR,

Jordi R

email from XIro
As I understand you correctly you have a problem getting a connectionto your range extender. I fear you have been doing more than necessary.
It is indeed advised to upgrade your Xplorer to the latest firmware. When you do not change hardware all pairing should stay intact. The Xplorer has 3 different firmware options:
1. Flight control module (current version UA3500_FCU_FW_1.0.0_20150710.bin) via microUSB on the drone.
2. Gimbal firmware (current version UG3300 V_PTZ_FW_1.0.0_20150521.bin) via microUSB on the gimbal
3. Camera firmare (current version UG3300EN_FW_4.9.1_150827.rar) by placing the uncompressed file in the root of the microSD card and powering on the drone.
The flight control module pairs with the remote control. When the remote control shows a green X indicator they are paired.
The gimbal/camera pairs with the range extender. When the Wi-Fi indicator is green, they are connected.

I understand you renamed the range extender in your App and also entered a password. When you connect your mobile device's Wi-Fi to the drone's Wi-Fi, you now see the new name and you have to enter the password. Although you are 100% sure you have entered the correct password, the message wrong password comes up.

This is not correct. The only way is indeed to reset your gimbal again and reconnect to the range extender:

How to reset a Range Extender
A Gimbal needs to be repaired with Gimbal, but Range Extender has a password that is not provided by the owner of he drone.
When owner does not respond or knows the password following actions can be done to reset the Range Extender to Factory settings:

1. Turn remote control off
2. Set remote control sticks in following positions
Left stick in upper right position
Right stick in upper left position
3. Turn remote control on with sticks in this position
4. When on release the sticks
5. The Wi-Fi connection symbol (most left) will turn red when failing to connect
6. When Wi-Fi signal is red, press <Home> button on remote control
7. After approx. 5 seconds the Wi-Fi signal will turn green again indicating the reset is in progress
8. After approx. 20 seconds the Wi-Fi signal will turn red again indicating the reset is finished
9. Turn remote control off and press <Home> button into normal position
10. In the Xiro app the Range extender Wi-Fi is now renamed to factory standard: XIRO_APP_00019C

Pairing the Gimbal and the Range extender
When a new Range extender or Gimbal is used with the drone, they need to be paired again.
The Range extender and Gimbal within the box are paired in the factory.

1. Connect to Wi-Fi from Range Extender: XPLORER_xxxx or XIRO_AP_0019C when reset to factory settings
2. In XIRO app, go to Settings
3. Go to Connect camera
4. Find the Wi-Fi signal from the camera: UG330EN_xxxxx
5. Enter default password for the camera: 4008073888
6. The Gimbal will now pair with the Range extender
7. The Range extender Wi-Fi will now reset and after approx. 2 minutes the procedure will be finished