Camera Firmware taking forever to load

Discuss Firmware Updates
Bandit

Camera Firmware taking forever to load

Post by Bandit » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:17 pm

I recently ordered a Xiro Xplorer V to start playing with aerial photography, Now that I've used it for a day or so I figured it'd be a good idea to do the available firmware updates as they popped up in the app to update them. The flight control and gimbal updates were o trouble at all, they updated quickly. However the camera firmware has taken better than 8 hours and discharged a full battery before even completing the update. Has anyone else experienced this? Now that it has tried the update I have no camera control as it deletes the old files before starting the new update.

Bandit

Re: Camera Firmware taking forever to load

Post by Bandit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Looks like I've got it figured out. I wasn't doing the update correctly. Now it's good to go.

graemepnz
Airborne

Post by graemepnz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Hey Bandit

Can you talk me through how you did your camera update please? I've done the Flight Control and Gimbal updates with no problems.

I copied the bin file onto the sd card and have put into the camera but all I get is a flashing red light? Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance
Graeme

gameout

Post by gameout » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:28 pm

I have the same issue but I am using the assistant. Do I just flash the SD card for the camera upgrade? The gimbal and flight were done thru the assistant and we're done in a minute. The camera firmware is up to 4 hours and not done.

PhilK
Airborne

Post by PhilK » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:49 am

You are doing it correctly.
Should get a fast flash while camera is updating firmware then goes to about 1 per sec when complete.
Also the .bin file gets automatically deleted from the SD card when update completes correctly.

Oh, be sure to put the extracted .bin file (NOT the .zip file) into the root of the SD

graemepnz
Airborne

Post by graemepnz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:06 am

I've done all the above, but the file never gets deleted off the sd card. Tried using the drone last night and it kept disconnecting from my phone and asked me to upgrade??

Anyone got any other ideas?

Cheers