Remote Control Battery Light Blinking Red/Green

Ask for advice with fixing or repairing or custom modifications here.
DataMeister

Remote Control Battery Light Blinking Red/Green

Post by DataMeister » Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Can anyone tell me what it means if the battery indicator on my Xplorer's remote control flashes back and forth between red and green, repeatedly?

It happened after I was exploring the XiroAssitant app and noticed the calibration page. So I plugged the remote into the computer, turned it on, and saw the calibration button appear. So I tried to calibrate the remote and got a message of "extreme calibration failure" or something like that.

I turned the remote off and back on and now it doesn't seem to connect to the computer anymore (no Windows chime indicating a USB device was plugged in), and it also doesn't seem to connect to the drone anymore.

m15alien
First Officer

Re: Remote Control Battery Light Blinking Red/Green

Post by m15alien » Wed May 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi, i do not know the meaning of the flashing led, but i think that you should try to recalibrate the controller.
Remember also that after the calibration process you have to pair the controller to the Xiro (you can find the pair procedure on the Xiro Support page).
The calibration process rewrites the controller flash memory so a new pairing it's a must.
For more details take a look to the Xiro Assistant Help (inside the Xiro assistant Window).

Good luck
' /\.|_.|.[-.|\|.

Redmi Note 3 Pro - Android 6.0.1
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Xiro Xplorer V 08/2015
Gimbal Ver. 50521
Flight Controller Unit: 50913
Camera Ver. UG3300_C_FW_4.9.1_150827_H
App Ver. 2.2.0.0623

DataMeister

Post by DataMeister » Wed May 04, 2016 6:42 pm

m15alien wrote:Hi, i do not know the meaning of the flashing led, but i think that you should try to recalibrate the controller.
Remember also that after the calibration process you have to pair the controller to the Xiro (you can find the pair procedure on the Xiro Support page).
The calibration process rewrites the controller flash memory so a new pairing it's a must.
For more details take a look to the Xiro Assistant Help (inside the Xiro assistant Window).

Good luck
I can't get a repairing to work either. I'm thinking something worse happened to the flash memory or something, due to the fact that the remote control doesn't register itself in Windows as a device, and therefore also won't trigger the XiroAssistant Configuration feature again.

m15alien
First Officer

Post by m15alien » Wed May 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi, before contacting the Xiro support did you try to connect the Controller on a different USB port, is the usb cable right?
If i am not wrong, the controller trigger should be in position 1.
' /\.|_.|.[-.|\|.

Xiro Xplorer V 08/2015
Gimbal Ver. 50521
App Ver. 2.2.0.0623

DataMeister

Post by DataMeister » Wed May 04, 2016 6:57 pm

m15alien wrote:Hi, before contacting the Xiro support did you try to connect the Controller on a different USB port, is the usb cable right?
I did. Tried both another cable and different port. Different computer even, just to be sure.

m15alien
First Officer

Post by m15alien » Wed May 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Here the pair procedure:

How to pair the aircraft and the remote controller?
Hold the position upper-right corner (left joystick) and lower left corner (right joystick), switch on the remote control the 2nd, 3rd and 4th LED on the remote controller will flash red and green alternatively. Use a paper clip to the push the hole in the bottom of the aircraft flight control to trigger the pairing, reboot the aircraft afterward.

So you tried to follow the procedure with no success. I suggest to contact the support to understand how to reset the controller.
Please let me know.
' /\.|_.|.[-.|\|.

Xiro Xplorer V 08/2015
Gimbal Ver. 50521
App Ver. 2.2.0.0623

DataMeister

Post by DataMeister » Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 pm

m15alien wrote:Here the pair procedure:

How to pair the aircraft and the remote controller?
Hold the position upper-right corner (left joystick) and lower left corner (right joystick), switch on the remote control the 2nd, 3rd and 4th LED on the remote controller will flash red and green alternatively. Use a paper clip to the push the hole in the bottom of the aircraft flight control to trigger the pairing, reboot the aircraft afterward.

So you tried to follow the procedure with no success. I suggest to contact the support to understand how to reset the controller.
Please let me know.
Correct. I tried that. Incidentally, when I turn the remote on in pairing mode, I see all lights come on, and only the 2nd and 3rd LEDs blink with the 4th LED remaining solid Green.

I contacted Tech Support and they are thinking they may have to replace the controller, but haven't given me the instructions for that yet. I too was hoping there was some kind of "factory default" option that might fix the problem, but maybe this is a symptom of corrupt or physically bad memory, or something. It would be nice to know the exact reason behind the failure.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Did you get it resolved? I'm having the same controller issue.

DataMeister

Post by DataMeister » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Dragoon wrote:Did you get it resolved? I'm having the same controller issue.
Yes. I had to ship the drone back to Xirodrone and I think they replaced the controller.

Janikahu

Post by Janikahu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 am

I have identical problem.
Any solution?