HELP! Red lights and control vibrate after successful calibration

Ask for advice with fixing or repairing or custom modifications here.
tryonems

HELP! Red lights and control vibrate after successful calibration

Post by tryonems » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 am

Okay folks, I need some help. When I bought my Xplorer V I was so impressed with it and choose to fly it over my phantom 2. I've been having issues with the bird and have not been able to even get it off of the ground. SO frustrating. Here's what is happening.

I turn on the bird and calibrate. After my successful calibration I turn the drone off and restart. (i've been told that this is recommended) Once I power on the drone again, it refuses to lock into GPS, lights go red and remote vibrates. Should I try flying it right after the initial calibration without turning off and back on? Why wouldn't it lock in after the reboot? I've updated the firmware as well. I'm getting to the point, i'm ready to pack this thing up and send it back or just sell on ebay. I want to fly the drone, not troubleshoot it every time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

tryonems

Re: HELP! Red lights and control vibrate after successful calibration

Post by tryonems » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:36 am

UPDATE!!!

Okay. I have tried flying right after the successful calibration rather than turn the bird off and back on. The bird is not responding to the remote when I attempt to take off. However, when I press the home button on the remote, all of the lights go to red. When I press it again, they go back to steady green and red like it's ready to fly. Again, no response when I try to take off. Somebody please help! Thanks

qBan

Re: HELP! Red lights and control vibrate after successful calibration

Post by qBan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 pm

When you're flying it, if you hit the home button all the lights will go red and it will return home.

Make sure when you're calibrating it you set it on mode one, after calibration you can switch it