Low Level Passes + Wind Stability Demo

Post your Videos and Pictures Here!
TomKnAL
Airborne

Low Level Passes + Wind Stability Demo

Post by TomKnAL » 05 Jan 2016, 04:49

At 0:40 you can watch the Xplorer adjust to the wind.

Griff
Airborne

Re: Low Level Passes + Wind Stability Demo

Post by Griff » 05 Jan 2016, 14:11

looks really good in the wind.

ChillyCat
Airborne

Post by ChillyCat » 05 Jan 2016, 15:01

alex reveals similar features in a video below. Personally, i've had the same results. DO NOT be afraid to fly
in windy conditions. You cannot say that about the entry line & prosumer line of DJI's. The XIRO Guys got it
right, by following simple rules of modern day aviation.....make the damn thing aerodynamic !!!! Real Simple !!

Xplorer V JW

Post by Xplorer V JW » 06 Jan 2016, 10:15

Nice and stable :D

I read somewhere that propeller guards will drift the quad on windy days and would like to confirm if this is true. Sorry as I am first time flyer and didn't wanna ruin my quad after few flights.

TomKnAL
Airborne

Post by TomKnAL » 06 Jan 2016, 19:08

ChillyCat wrote:alex reveals similar features in a video below. Personally, i've had the same results.

I've flown in 30mph (~50km/h) winds, though I admit I was nervous and did not get very high. The rear lights were flashing red on occasion, so I only flew 2.5 minutes. The video was very stable.

Alex's video does show that the video is stable in high winds but it does not show how the vehicle is adjusting to the wind. It's worth knowing that the Xplorer moves both laterally and vertically, though not very much. Also, if you hovering at 0.5m and push the stick all the way forward, the Xplorer may hit the ground.

TomKnAL
Airborne

Post by TomKnAL » 06 Jan 2016, 19:15

Xplorer V JW wrote:I read somewhere that propeller guards will drift the quad on windy days and would like to confirm if this is true. Sorry as I am first time flyer and didn't wanna ruin my quad after few flights.

For what it's worth, I don't think it would be a problem. They do add a little drag so it might require more power to stay in one place, but I don't think it would change the basic control loop.