Hello from the Netherlands

Use this place to introduce yourselves and general chit chat
wildthing

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by wildthing » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Good evening,

I am from the Netherlands, for the Dutchies amongs us: 030.

I have bought myself the V version 2 weeks ago. Used to fly around with a Galaxy Visitor 6 for a bit of fun. I realised I needed a bit of a better UAV to fly around with, specially to make movies or take pictures. I haven't taken the drone out at high altitude yet, but that is soon to come. The drone itself flies great. It is a real delight to give it a spin. However, I have been encountering issues already. The SD card broke after 4 days, killing the camera wifi. Got a new memory card in the camera and it was able to connect again. That is issue 1. Issue 2 is the fact that my android phone keeps saying the camera is disconnected while it is not disconnected. Strange....Issue 3 is the fact I can only view in 240p and not in 360 or 480p. Keeps telling me the signal is not good enough. I am at 5 meters a way without obstacle. Very weird....

Anyway, I will post these issues in a more technical part of the forum. Once again, the drone itself flies great! (it is addictive I think:-))

Well, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Wildthing

boobo

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by boobo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

My android also flashed "disconnected" but it does not seem to affect my videos. I added antennas to the wifi extender and camera gimbal to see if that helps. I will let you know the outcome. Interested to know how you broke the sd card?

wildthing

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by wildthing » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 am

And, did the antenna's work out?

The drone went back to Xiro for warranty repairs. They changed the gimball and range extender. Still no improvement. However, I tried the app on an Iphone and it does not give the "disconnect' issue, so I think it is an Android issue.
Still issues with the 480p setup, so that might be caused by poor antenna quality. Any positve results on better antenna's?