Hello! New Xiro flyer from Michigan

Use this place to introduce yourselves and general chit chat
WhoAmIKidding

Hello! New Xiro flyer from Michigan

Post by WhoAmIKidding » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Hello Everyone!

Just picked up my "first" drone, the Xiro Xplorer V. Last year I received a small drone at a White Elephant Christmas party (you know the small ones that fit in the palm of your hand) and ever since then I have wanted to get a bigger one for fun and for filming. I film a lot of family functions, trips, and even the occasional wedding, and I have wanted the ability to add aerial shots for years but could not justify spending the money for a phantom or similar UAV for such a small amount of flight time. But then I found the Xiro Xplorer V during a cyber Monday deal and I just couldn't pass it up.

While I feel like this is going to be an amazing drone, I have been having a really hard time getting started with it. I am going to read up on similar issues in this forum and hopefully get flying today.

Sanark
Airborne

Re: Hello! New Xiro flyer from Michigan

Post by Sanark » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:13 am

Welcome Who am I Kidding, some time has past since your initial post how are you going with your Xiro are you sorting out the issues, good luck when you are are sorted these UAV are really amazing, look forward to your good reports...Mark

tryonems

Post by tryonems » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:14 am

Hello there! I am also from Michigan (da U.P.) and own the xplorer v. Hope you get things figured out my friend.

WhoAmIKidding

Post by WhoAmIKidding » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Sanark wrote:Welcome Who am I Kidding, some time has past since your initial post how are you going with your Xiro are you sorting out the issues, good luck when you are are sorted these UAV are really amazing, look forward to your good reports...Mark
Hello Sanark -

I have finally worked out my issues. The customer support was extremely helpful and fast with my repairs and issues. And even still, my contact at the California office continues to help me with any troubleshooting or answering questions.

The weather has improved here in Michigan so I have gotten out and flown/filmed a few times this week already. I am really trying to get so flight hours logged so that I can have a good handle on filming with the Xiro when I go up north this summer.

WhoAmIKidding

Post by WhoAmIKidding » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:07 pm

tryonems wrote:Hello there! I am also from Michigan (da U.P.) and own the xplorer v. Hope you get things figured out my friend.
Hi tryonems -

Thanks for the good wishes, I seem to have all my issues worked out. Now it's just learning the best way to fly and film. I wish I had the type of scenery down here that you are surrounded by up there. You'll have to share some of your footage when you get a chance.