Motors are not actuating

Description of your first forum.
Mohhh8888

Motors are not actuating

Post by Mohhh8888 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:58 am

Hello everyone,
I haven't started my xplorer v long time ago like a couple of months. now im trying to start it all the connections are working fine but the motors are not actuating in both GPS flight mode and attitude flight mode. it was working fine before.

could someone give me a clue

thank you,,,,

GaryT

Re: Motors are not actuating

Post by GaryT » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:34 pm

Only because I have run into these when I first tried to fly it.
1. Make sure battery lock switch is locked down.
2. Arm the blades, by moving sticks down and to the outer left and right corners respectfully.
3. make sure none of the switches are pressed in the down position.

Startup proc is listed in directions and I read them all but still took me by surprise.

catnipp

Post by catnipp » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:43 am

same exact problem here. did calibration on the transmitter, is ok. did compass calibration a dozen times looks right. it just will not turn on! I flew it a few times last fall, then picked it up today batteries full and will not run at all!! ????? what the heck! so I guess I need to call tower! I even put the newest software in the thing. it went in fine. dont know what it wont come on!!

catnipp

Post by catnipp » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:25 pm

I just talked to them out at Tower and they said they have seen this, so it is being sent back for a 5 min job to replace the main controller unit! So this is something happening to them. this is my second one that did this! The first one they would not warrant it because the place I got it from opened it and destroyed the warranty sticker! Just FYI it is happening.

Mohhh8888

Post by Mohhh8888 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:57 pm

catnipp wrote:I just talked to them out at Tower and they said they have seen this, so it is being sent back for a 5 min job to replace the main controller unit! So this is something happening to them. this is my second one that did this! The first one they would not warrant it because the place I got it from opened it and destroyed the warranty sticker! Just FYI it is happening.

Thank you for sharing this, i have contacted them and send them a video to explain the problem. They always require me to do stuff like, extracting hj files then take a photo of the QR code under the drone, yet they haven't gave me any solution now they have transferred me to HK team so they could help me. Unfortunately,where i live, there is no place near by where i can fix it. so if you're saying that its a hardware problem then i guess im screwed!!

Mohhh8888

Post by Mohhh8888 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

catnipp wrote:I just talked to them out at Tower and they said they have seen this, so it is being sent back for a 5 min job to replace the main controller unit! So this is something happening to them. this is my second one that did this! The first one they would not warrant it because the place I got it from opened it and destroyed the warranty sticker! Just FYI it is happening.
Could you please tell me what exactly did they replace?? Is it only the main controller unit or there is something else?? I have no repair services in my country, So i think i'm gonna take a risk and order the defected part and fix it myself. what do you think ??

Mohhh8888

Post by Mohhh8888 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:33 am

Mohhh8888 wrote:

Thank you for sharing this, i have contacted them and send them a video to explain the problem. They always require me to do stuff like, extracting hj files then take a photo of the QR code under the drone, yet they haven't gave me any solution now they have transferred me to HK team so they could help me. Unfortunately,where i live, there is no place near by where i can fix it. so if you're saying that its a hardware problem then i guess im screwed!!

I fixed the problem finally, i replaced the main controller unit then paired the remote to the new controller and then wohoo the motors are working now :D :D
I bought the new controller from dollarz hobbyz for $128 + $5 shipment + $28 for international shipment

Thanks again guys

Planetarx

Post by Planetarx » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Where you purchase the new controller ?
I having the same issue.

At this time the help from tech service of Xiro is not successfully, if not solve my problem is the last time i buy this brand....and my country too.

catnipp

Post by catnipp » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:05 pm

This is common, batch of bad main controllers, and forget about support from XIRO, thats what you get is ZERO! lol I have a gut feeling xiro is done, new stuff is coming out, chroma is done too! figure 2 years max on this stuff then new comes out and your stuck if you have troubles!

Xiroke

Post by Xiroke » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi
possibly I met the same problem.
Or looks like many problems. This Xiro XPLORER V seems to be quite complicated. Its having many different states and even as a SW engineer I do not want to test every case or search the correct combination ... I just want to fly my drone !

How the problems began:
The third flight, first time over 40 meters. Landing well.
Take off again and to 30 m. Then the XIRO was not taking commands anymore, it was only spinning around. After many minutes, the battery started go low, and XIRO started coming down. Slightly crashing because it was moving horizontally and one leg skipped it down.

After that the motors have not started anymore.
Now after the power ON (battery 75%), the rear lights are blinking RED - YELLOW. The camera can be moved by the controller.
But when trying to pull down the LEFT THROTTLE and pressing 6 times IOC, it has no effect!
Today tried the same with RIGHT THROTTLE, and it succeeded: the rear lights turned to green.
After that the compass calibration was possible. But after that the camera can't be moved anymore.

Though all the Controller's lights are green, the motors not starting.
The starting throttle-combination, which worked earlier was: left throttle to down left, and right throttle to down right.
Tried that and also other combinations several times - nothing starts the motors.

Has anyone any other solution than asking XIRO manufacturer to send a new drone or new parts ?

PS.
in the manual is said: "COMPASS CALIBRATION
• One of the most important facets of drone flight is to ensure
that the drone is properly calibrated. Doing so will greatly
increase the enjoyment and satisfaction of the flights and
the drone’s performance. This frequently overlooked task
reduces drift and makes sure that there aren’t any compass
issues during flight. We strongly suggest doing so prior to
each flight, but at the very least doing so before each flight
when changing flying sites/locations.
• When doing so, avoid areas of potential magnetic
interference or large metal objects or structures. It is highly
recommended that all propellers be removed prior to
calibration to prevent accidental engagement."

Who knew that when was buying XIRO ?
That is kind of joke. You need to calibrate the heck drone every time. And you cannot fly near any metal. For example in the first test flight on the back yard the drone was flying well, but when it was about 1 meter from two metal pipes (2 m long, 5 cm diameter), the drone said "Compass failure. Re-calibrate", and lost its balance. Fortunately it was only 20 cm over the land.
It seems that XIRO is only for very open fields.