IQRaw.exe from the Xiro website

Description of your first forum.
zorbas2
Airborne

IQRaw.exe from the Xiro website

Post by zorbas2 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 pm

Using the IQRaw-application from the Xiro website I tried to open and convert the raw files made by the Xplorer v camera.
I managed to start the application and opened the raw files. Then I tried all options: RAW->BMP, RAW->RAW, and Splite RAW.
New files were generated by the application, but I could open none of these files with the software I got.
Does anyone know about an application which opens the generated files??
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

iXiroUSA

Re: IQRaw.exe from the Xiro website

Post by iXiroUSA » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 am

i use Raw Extractor (free) on my Mac and it extracts the .bin file just fine. However when I update it flashes properly and then get stuck at %38 on verification. I have tried this 6 times and it has gotten stuck and says to reconnect at %38 every time. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Xiro support has been unresponsive concerning this problem via their website and facebook (us and global page).

titusdb

Post by titusdb » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:41 am

I have the same problems with the RAW files of the Xiro Xplorer V Camera.
Can anyone please help me with this.....?
I need to import these files in Lightroom or PhotoShop.
The only way i get something is when i put the RAW file through the IQRaw program from Xiro.
But when I open it in photoshop It is in Black and White
Lightroom does not work at all with these RAW file

titusdb

Post by titusdb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Finaly I got a aswer from Xiro Service Center Europe
Not satisfying at all :-(

The RAW files that have been created with IQRaw contain all RAW data. RAW datafiles always only contain 12 bit greyscale data. JPG contains 8 bit color info. So it correct that you only see
The Vision camera does contain the RAW 12 bit greyscale info. The problem is that there is no RAW color converter that generates the required metadata file with the additional color info to generate a RAW/DNG format.

This metadata file is required by Photoshop / Lightroom to create a color version of the RAW file. Our engineers can not solve this issue within the current Vision camera.
The new 4K gimbal that will be released soon will created a RAW/DNG format. Sorry that I have no immediate solution.

zorbas2
Airborne

Post by zorbas2 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:36 pm

The current vision camera generates raw files in greyscale only? Hard to believe and VERY disappointing if correct!! :evil:
Stephan Bartholomä
zorbas.de - stoupa.fr - sourmelina.com

njmcgregor

Post by njmcgregor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am

Has there been any updates or workarounds found for this? I've just purchased the Xiro for photography and unable to use the .raw photos?

- Is there a mac download for this IQ Raw program?
(appears to have been removed from the xiro website)

- Any other ways to import the .Raw files from the Xiro into Affinity/Photoshop/Lightroom etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)