Returning and buying a functional product

Description of your first forum.
phil@arborsmith.biz

Returning and buying a functional product

Post by phil@arborsmith.biz » 09 Jan 2016, 17:47

Just un-boxed Xiro Xplorer G.

GoPro does not plug into gimbal without pushing the plug down as it is not properly lined up.

Radio will not stay connected to phone wifi, or camera wifi, thusly no video going from camera to phone.

Quad flew great without the gimbal on it. Updated firmware on gimbal and FC to hopefully fix the lack of video feed. Now quad will not connect to radio.

The OVERWHELMING majorit of posts I am finding are complaints about unstable/dysfunctional product and a complete lack of support.

I tried a new product and got burned. The only option at this point I guess is to return the PoS and buy a DJI. I hate to be so conformist, but this thing doesn't work and is apparent that they are more concerned with putting out Xplorer 2 (or at least making videos about it) as opposed to making this thing functional.

HIGHLY disappointed.

ackfool
Airborne

Re: Returning and buying a functional product

Post by ackfool » 09 Jan 2016, 22:44

phil@arborsmith.biz wrote:Just un-boxed Xiro Xplorer G.

GoPro does not plug into gimbal without pushing the plug down as it is not properly lined up.

Radio will not stay connected to phone wifi, or camera wifi, thusly no video going from camera to phone.

Quad flew great without the gimbal on it. Updated firmware on gimbal and FC to hopefully fix the lack of video feed. Now quad will not connect to radio.

The OVERWHELMING majorit of posts I am finding are complaints about unstable/dysfunctional product and a complete lack of support.

I tried a new product and got burned. The only option at this point I guess is to return the PoS and buy a DJI. I hate to be so conformist, but this thing doesn't work and is apparent that they are more concerned with putting out Xplorer 2 (or at least making videos about it) as opposed to making this thing functional.

HIGHLY disappointed.

Hi mate
We're all keen on helping out so let us know if this is a vent (which is fine, not against it) or if you want us to assist in any way
With wifi connection issues there's possibly a few things to look at but if its already returned to sender there's no point.
Regardless hope you're up flying with a drone in some shape or form in no time.

alex
Site Admin

Post by alex » 10 Jan 2016, 11:23

I'm with ack, Everyone is allowed a vent, but Phil please do understand that this forum is a private forum and not directly connected to Xiro. I am hoping to get some official xiro contacts on this forum to help with issues like yours. I am sorry the xiro wasn't as expected, I bought a xiro over a DJI for a few reasons but we all know why we bought ours for individual reasons. I hope even if you do buy a DJI you still visit the forum and contribute on what we might be missing out on!

Thanks

Alex
Cubot X17,Android 5.1
My Xiro:
Xiro Explorer V
Gimbal Version: 50521
Flight Controller Version: 50710
Camera Version: UG330_C_FW-4.9.1_150804_H
XIRO App: V2.1.3

Brutuscz

Post by Brutuscz » 12 Jan 2016, 02:18

If the quad is not connected to the controller, you can fix that. Make sure you have your latest firmware. Then, there is a binding procedure on the website. Pressing a button on the drone with a pin..after putting the controller in binding mode. It should bind again following that procedure.
http://storow.xirodrone.com/file-How%20 ... PLORER.pdf

ChillyCat
Airborne

Post by ChillyCat » 15 Jan 2016, 02:06

alex wrote:I am sorry the xiro wasn't as expected, I bought a xiro over a DJI for a few reasons

I hate new introductions/releases ......of just about anything "electronic"

Being an early adopter of all things electronic, i've certainly placed myself in a position of fighting with
endless newbie bugs and have become quite proficient with hardware/firmware/software upgrades and the such.
I'm also aware that the support I may or may not receive is a gamble. Xiro's support, is very much on the level
of many new upstarts = NOT GOOD. The hope is always the same = GET BETTER

Personally, after four years of flying and owning 4 DJI's ....... i'd never buy another one. I'm not saying that Xiros always gonna
have the cats ass machine, but extremely hard to compare the flight characteristics of the two = ITS NO CONTEST
I like being able to comfortably fly just about every single day [regardless of the wind] Attempt that with the 2's or the 3's ,
and you'll be purchasing plenty of motors and blank body shells ........and that's if you're lucky.
Folks need to actually fly both: then my claims will actually make plenty of sense.

motorman

Post by motorman » 17 Feb 2016, 20:10

The grass is greener on the other side...with that in mind I have heard that DJI, being as prominent as they are, in the amateur drone business, has "horrible" customer service. For a company based in China and from what reviews I read, I think XIRO is trying.

sdavisnz

Post by sdavisnz » 17 Apr 2016, 08:38

ChillyCat wrote:
alex wrote:I am sorry the xiro wasn't as expected, I bought a xiro over a DJI for a few reasons

I hate new introductions/releases ......of just about anything "electronic"

Being an early adopter of all things electronic, i've certainly placed myself in a position of fighting with
endless newbie bugs and have become quite proficient with hardware/firmware/software upgrades and the such.
I'm also aware that the support I may or may not receive is a gamble. Xiro's support, is very much on the level
of many new upstarts = NOT GOOD. The hope is always the same = GET BETTER

Personally, after four years of flying and owning 4 DJI's ....... i'd never buy another one. I'm not saying that Xiros always gonna
have the cats ass machine, but extremely hard to compare the flight characteristics of the two = ITS NO CONTEST
I like being able to comfortably fly just about every single day [regardless of the wind] Attempt that with the 2's or the 3's ,
and you'll be purchasing plenty of motors and blank body shells ........and that's if you're lucky.
Folks need to actually fly both: then my claims will actually make plenty of sense.

hi, can you give me a bit of an explenation of why you would not buy another dji? i just got a xplorer v and happy with it but just cusious to your thoughts?