GoPro control through the app?

Description of your first forum.
Surfcam

GoPro control through the app?

Post by Surfcam » Sun May 14, 2017 12:59 am

I have a Xplorer G and have been using a GoPro Hero 4 Black. Overall everything seems to be working as it should. I've searched around and even found an old topic but no answers.

Am I able to control the GoPro camera through the app? Meaning, can I start/stop recording? or take a still photo? When the live feed connects through the app, those buttons on the app disappear. The only way I've been able to record video is to press the record button on the GoPro, then start flying. I can't stop recording until I've landing the quad and press stop on the GoPro.

Is this what I need to do because they haven't developed the app to control the GoPro camera?

Lyk2fly

Re: GoPro control through the app?

Post by Lyk2fly » Sat May 20, 2017 5:25 pm

You are correct...there is no GoPro camera control through the app...only live view. I don't know if Xiro will ever work this out with the GoPro folks.
Still it works ok...you get 4K video...you just have to use editing software to trim your clips.

vsc

Post by vsc » Tue May 30, 2017 2:53 am

I have been using a repurposed GoPro 4 Silver, which has WiFi. I wonder if it is possible to control the GoPro via its own WiFi link, at least when the line of sight RF range is small enough to reach the drone?

This is something I want to try, but my concern is deconflicted the GoPro's WiFi with the G gimbal's WiFi RF channel. Something to try next.

darthnugget

Post by darthnugget » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm

I end up connecting to the GoPro wifi app and stopping and starti video from there, then switch over to the Xiro for the controls and video feed. When I land, I double click home (IOS) and the Stop the video via GoPro wifi.