First Drone, First post: Help wanted re pairing

Description of your first forum.
Equirt

First Drone, First post: Help wanted re pairing

Post by Equirt » Fri May 05, 2017 3:03 am

Hi guys,

I have just unboxed my Xiro Xplorer (v) a few hours ago.

I cannot get the rotors to spin and assume its because the controller and the drone are not pairing (the drone LED on the controller is red)

I have followed the instructions to pair the drone and the controller, it turns green in coding mode, then i turn the controller and the drone off.

When i turn them back on again the drone LED is red (which I assume means they arent talking)

The controller is also constantly vibrating. The joystick controls move the camera up and drown and left and right...but I cannot get the drone to do anything at all. one set of LEDs on the drone are solid red, and the other two are flashing red and yellow.

Am I doing something wrong.....or.....should I install the latest firmware? or just return the drone for a replacement??? or....

Please help!!!

alex
Site Admin

Re: First Drone, First post: Help wanted re pairing

Post by alex » Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 am

I would send the drone back immediately this is not normal out of the box behavior, was the box sealed upon arrival . There are some sellers on ebay selling xiro's as new but arrive in opened box's they might give excuses like they have had to check for accessories. But they look like possible returns???
Cubot X17,Android 5.1
My Xiro:
Xiro Explorer V
Gimbal Version: 50521
Flight Controller Version: 50710
Camera Version: UG330_C_FW-4.9.1_150804_H
XIRO App: V2.1.3

Oldguynewhobby

Re: First Drone, First post: Help wanted re pairing

Post by Oldguynewhobby » Tue May 09, 2017 1:35 am

Yes, update all firmware first. Mine did the exact same thing, I updated and all issues were solved.
You don't want the rotors to do anything if you don't have control of it.